Research Sponsors and Partners
- Online Nonintrusive Identification and Monitoring of Internal Weak Points of Electro Energy Devices Using Package Surface Temperature, $337,897, 6/15/2017-5/31/2020, NSF.
- PFI: AIR-TT: Self-X Smart Battery, $245,937, 9/15/2014-8/31/2018, NSF.
- Voltage and Frequency Power Converter Based on Electromagnetic Induction, $493,349, 9/1/2016-8/31/2017, DOE ARPA-E.
- CAREER: Adjustable-Voltage-Ratio Magnetoelectric Transformer: A New Voltage Conversion and Control Device for Smart Grids, $500,000, 3/1/2016-2/28/2021, NSF.
- An Online Intelligent Prognostic Health Monitoring System for Wind Turbines, $1,499,981 (plus $166,999 cost share), 12/15/2014-9/30/2016,
- Cognitive Prediction-Enabled Online Intelligent Fault Diagnosis and Prognosis for Wind Energy Systems, $359,852, 6/01/2013-5/31/2017, NSF.
- An Optimal Dynamic Operation Model for Participation in the Southwest Power Pool’s Energy Market, $149,778, 1/1/2015-6/30/2017, Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) through Nebraska Center for Energy Sciences Research (NCESR).
- CAREER: Stochastic Optimization and Coordinating Control for the Next-Generation Electric Power System with Significant Wind Penetration, $407,999, 8/15/2010-7/31/2016, NSF.
- Development of a Multitype Sensor-Based Condition Monitoring System Framework for Wind Turbines, $91,463, 1/5/2015-4/5/2015, Industry.
- A Roadway Wind/Solar Hybrid Power Generation and Distribution System: Toward Energy-Plus Roadways, $1,118,179 (plus $394,599 cost share), 4/13/2010-12/31/2014, Fe
deral Highway Administration (FHWA), Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Intelligent Optimal Mechanical Sensorless Control of Variable-Speed Wind Energy Systems Considering System Uncertainties, $214,755, 8/1/2009-7/31/2013,
- Online Nonintrusive Condition Monitoring and Fault Detection for Wind Turbines, $380,398 (plus $117,014 cost share), 11/1/2009-2/29/2012,
- Rotor Position/Speed Sensorless Control for Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines, $110,110, 4/4/2011-12/31/2012,
Deere & Company.
- Power Electronics Software, $41,150, 5/16/2011-4/15/2012,
Deere & Company.
- Optimal Participation of Intermittent Renewable Energy Sources in Competitive Electricity Markets, $100,000, 7/1/2012-6/30/2014, Nebraska Research Initiative.
- Online Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis for Wind Turbine Gearboxes, $4,000, 1/1/2011-12/31/2011, American Public Power Association.
- Online Nonintrusive Wind Turbine Fault Diagnosis, $139,728, 1/1/2010-6/30/2012, NPPD through NCESR.
- A Nationwide Consortium of Universities to Revitalize Electric Power Engineering Education by State-of-the-Art Laboratories, $25,000, 8/1/2010-7/31/2013,
DOE (Subcontract from the University of Minnesota).
- Edgerton Innovation Award, $20,000, 7/1/2011-6/30/2013, UNL College of Engineering.
- Online Nonintrusive Intelligent Health Management for Power Electronic Systems – A Preliminary Study, $20,000, 6/1/2012-5/31/2013, UNL Layman Award.
- Modeling and Simulation of the Effects of Dispersed and Distributed Generation Dynamics on Electric Distribution Networks, $10,000, 10/1/2008-9/30/2009, NPPD through NCESR.
- Energy Storage for Future Power Grids−A Preliminary Study, $10,000, 1/1/2009-12/31/2009,
UNL Research Council Faculty Seed Grant.